“Nobody talks of entrepreneurship as survival, but that’s exactly what it is and what nurtures creative thinking.”
– Dame Anita Roddick, founder of The Body Shop
The Entrepreneurs Alliance is an organization of entrepreneurial and business leaders devoted to improving the entrepreneurial community of Greater Binghamton and the Southern Tier. We are organized under a 501(c)(3) Corporation (Pending). Our major goals are to:
- Provide free guidance or mentoring support to entrepreneurs
- Work closely with Universities, Colleges and organizations that support the entrepreneurial community and economic development of our region.
- Promote entrepreneurism in our community through presentations, supporting entrepreneurial events and competitions, and developing venues for mentors and entrepreneurs to meet and collaborate.
- Maintain an inventory of entrepreneurs, startups and organizations that support entrepreneurs.
- Maintain knowledge of best practices by working with Upstate Venture Connect and other entrepreneurial support groups in the country.
- Establish and maintain support capabilities in finance, industry and patent research, service providers, prototyping, early manufacturing and other capabilities required to support startup companies in our region.
- Develop market knowledge of the key industries in our region and promising new industries that should be considered.
- Support the development of the entrepreneurial infrastructure including incubators and accelerators.
- Fostering the entrepreneurial environment and encouraging entrepreneurial spirit at all levels.
There are four headings on the home page. The write up for entrepreneurs is complete. The next is mentors.